Below is a list of jobs currently available at the ISSCR. Can't find what you're looking for? Please check back soon.
The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) seeks a Communications Manager to expand the society’s global policy and public affairs communications program. This thoughtful, energetic individual will work with the Director of Policy to coordinate the society’s strategic communications with the media and the public to advance the society’s policy priorities.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, and implementation of the ISSCR’s policy communication strategies around the world, with emphasis on key policy priorities of the ISSCR. The candidate will, position the ISSCR as an authoritative voice in science policy in communications outreach with the media, policy makers, funding sources, scientists, and the public.
The Communications Manager is responsible for fostering and maintaining relationships with members of the media, representatives of partner organizations and international institutions, and policy makers. S/he will focus on raising awareness about the mission of the ISSCR, its identified policy priorities, and advances in stem cell research and biomedicine that have potential to transform human health.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and manage a proactive strategic communications and media program to effectively represent the ISSCR’s policy initiatives and positions with national and international audiences.
- Coordinate rapid responses to breaking news related to the ISSCR’s policy priories and assist in positioning ISSCR leaders and surrogates as spokespersons on the issues.
sdirectly with media and key communications officials and stakeholders, proactively and reactively, and interact regularly with ISSCR communications team.
sand maintain srelationships with relevant reporters and members of the media.
- Coordinate with ISSCR Communications Director to arrange meetings with reporters and ISSCR leadership in conjunction with policy activities.
- Draft written policy communications as directed (e.g. news releases, statements, letters, etc.)
- Regularly update the policy & advocacy section of the ISSCR website, contribute relevant information to the monthly member newsletter and other member communications, and contribute to social media outreach directed to members, the field, policy makers, the media, and others.
- Coordinates policy and advocacy messaging with communications team and marketing staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of politics and policy, media cycles, with an ability to effectively explain and communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences, and the ability to build relationships with policy makers, journalists, and others.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects under time and resource pressure.
- Experience with social media and digital communications.
- Background in health or science policy issues preferred.
- Collaborative team player, with the ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- 4-7 years of communications experience in a congressional office, campaign, trade association, communications firm, or comparable experience.
- B.A./B.S. required.
The ISSCR is an international non-profit scientific organization established to promote excellence in stem cell science and applications to human health. The ISSCR brings together researchers engaged across a wide spectrum of stem cell research from discovery to clinical application. The ISSCR supports responsible research using all forms of stem cells, including pluripotent stem cells and stem cells from and within organs and tissues. Through its Policy and Advocacy program, the ISSCR advocates on behalf of the stem cell research community around the world, giving researchers a voice in crucial policy and regulatory debates.
How to apply?
The ISSCR offers competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Eric Anthony, Director of Policy at email@example.com.
Reports To: Director of Policy
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Washington, D.C.
Founded in 2002, the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) is a global, nonprofit organization that promotes excellence in stem cell science and applications to human health. The ISSCR is the largest society in the world dedicated to the advancement of responsible stem cell research - a field that strives to advance scientific understanding, treatments, and cures that better human health. We foster junior scientists, give voice and visibility to scientific advancement, and encourage a positive global environment for future discovery and treatment. Our promise is to help the field of stem cell research reach its potential.
The ISSCR is looking for a part-time Digital Content Creator & Coordinator who will work on design and production of communication products for both digital and print media. The position will support the initiatives of the marketing and communication teams and report to the Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing. This is a part-time (three days per week) position based at the ISSCR office in Skokie, IL.
- Create new and update existing graphics for digital and print applications (website assets, email marketing, conference productions, brochures, event programs, social media, etc.)
- Provides marketing support for programs and events
- Manages the creation and distribution of marketing emails
- Acts as liaison to outside vendors (graphic designers, printers, wed developers) for printed marketing materials and website maintenance
- Create and maintain a photo/image filing system
- Prepare PowerPoint (PPT) presentations, PPT template updates
- Work with web and print design style-guides, and corporate brand guidelines.
- Self-manage schedules and tasks. Balance multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, graphic design or relevant field
- 1-2 years of digital marketing experience
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Print/Creative portfolio required
- Proficient in CMS and HTML/CSS coding
- Proficient in social media and best practices
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Bethany Almon, Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.