International Society for Stem Cell Research Membership and Renewal Application Agreement
Thank you for your interest in ISSCR membership. Please read this Membership and Renewal Application Agreement carefully.
This Agreement governs your International Society for Stem Cell Research (“ISSCR”) Membership and Renewal Application and your ISSCR membership, if granted. By clicking the button marked “I ACCEPT AND AGREE” below, you are entering into a contract and acknowledging that you have read, accept, and agree to be bound by terms and conditions of this Agreement. By clicking the button marked, “I DO NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE,” below, you will not be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. However, Your ISSCR membership or renewal application will not be considered and you will not be granted an ISSCR membership.
Terms and Conditions
1. Membership. ISSCR membership is open to individuals meeting the requirements of membership set forth in ISSCR’s Bylaws. Whether You meet the membership requirements shall be determined by ISSCR in its discretion. You acknowledge that submitting a Membership and Renewal Application and entering into this Agreement does not guarantee You will be granted ISSCR membership or Your ISSCR membership will be renewed.
2. Membership Rights and Responsibilities. If You are granted an ISSCR membership, You will have the membership responsibilities, obligations, right, and privileges identified in ISSCR’s Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, policies, procedures, resolutions, and rules (collectively, “Governing Documents”). ISSCR may alter member responsibilities, obligations, rights, and privileges in its discretion and without any liability to You. Without limiting the foregoing, You agree to the following terms as a condition of ISSCR Membership:
2.1. Membership Term. ISSCR memberships run from January 1 through December 31. All ISSCR memberships automatically expire on December 31 if not renewed. ISSCR may terminate Your ISSCR membership in advance of December 31 as provided in the Governing Documents.
2.2. Dues. You agree to pay all dues established by ISSCR in the manner and within the time period specified by ISSCR. Failure to pay dues in the manner and within the time period specified by ISSCR shall result in the automatic termination of Your membership. All dues and other payments made by You to ISSCR are non-refundable.
2.3. Governing Documents Adherence. You agree to abide by ISSCR’s Governing Documents. The current membership related Governing Documents may be obtained on the ISSCR website and/or from ISSCR headquarters.
2.4. ISSCR Email Correspondence. You authorize ISSCR to send You email correspondence regarding ISSCR and its programs and events. To opt-out of ISSCR email correspondence, You may choose to use the self-service “unsubscribe” feature available at the bottom of all ISSCR emails or email email@example.com with Your request.
2.5. Guideline Adherence. You agree to abide by the professional standards set forth in the Guidelines for the Conduct of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research and Guidelines for the Clinical Translation of Stem Cells.
3. Disclaimer. You agree ISSCR membership and any goods and services provided by ISSCR in connection therewith (collectively “Services”) are provided AS-IS, with all faults, and without any representations or warranties of any kind or nature express, implied, or statutory. If granted an ISSCR membership, You assume sole responsibility for determining whether and to what extent to use the Services. Your use of the Services is at Your sole risk. ISSCR disclaims all representations and warranties, express, implied, and statutory, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanship, and non-infringement to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
4. Defense, Indemnification, and hold harmless. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ISSCR and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, and contractors (collectively “Indemnified Parties”) against all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses, damages, costs, and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees and costs), directly or indirectly resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to Your ISSCR Membership and Renewal Application, and Your ISSCR membership, if granted.
5. Waiver of Liability. You hereby waive any and all claims, actions, causes of action, losses, and damages of any kind or nature, You may have against ISSCR and/or the Indemnified Parties directly or indirectly resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to Your Membership and Renewal Application and/or Your ISSCR membership, if granted, including, but not limited to, any discipline imposed on You by ISSCR. This waiver of liability applies to all claims, actions, causes of action, losses, and damages of any kind or nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, statutory, contractual, or damages or losses of any other kind or type. This waiver of liability applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, negligence, tort, strict liability, or any other basis and even if the Indemnified Parties knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages. This waiver of liability shall be enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
6. Currency. All prices and other sums stated in this Agreement or any documents referenced in this Agreement are and shall be stated in U.S. dollars. All payments required under this Agreement any documents referenced in this Agreement shall be made in U.S. dollars.
7. Controlling Language. English is the controlling language for this Agreement. This Agreement, the Governing Documents, and all communications, notices, documents, and proceedings related to, permitted, and/or required by this Agreement or the Governing Documents shall be in English.
8. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. This Agreement was entered into in the State of Illinois, U.S. This Agreement shall be construed, interpreted, and enforced under, and in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S., excluding its conflicts or choice of law rules or principles, which might refer to the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods is excluded from this Agreement to the extent it applies. In connection with any dispute regarding the subject matter of this Agreement, You hereby irrevocably consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the State of Illinois, U.S., and in particular to the Cook County Circuit Court and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
9. Miscellaneous. If any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable, the unenforceability of that provision shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision. If ISSCR agrees to waive its right in a particular instance to enforce any term of this Agreement, it does not waive its right to enforce such term at any other time. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between ISSCR and You regarding the subject matter hereof. There are no representations, understandings, or agreements that are not fully expressed in this Agreement. All prior agreements, verbal or written, are no longer effective. Provisions 3 through 10 shall survive the termination of this Agreement and/or Your ISSCR membership, if granted.
Acceptance of Agreement
You understand that as a condition precedent to considering Your ISSCR Membership and Renewal Application and/or granting You an ISSCR membership You must agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Agreement. If You click, “I ACCEPT AND AGREE” below, You are entering into a legal contract, which binds You to the terms and conditions outlined in this Agreement. If You click, “I DO NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE” below, You will not be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. However, Your Membership and Renewal Application will not be considered and You will not be granted an ISSCR membership. I do not accept and agreeI accept and agree