To help explain to your supervisor why ISSCR is a must-attend for you, download our template letter in Word for you to customize with your details.
Don't forget to personalize the letter and remove the brackets surrounding the red words!
Dear [Insert Name],
I’d like to attend the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) annual meeting 20-23 June, 2018. More than 4,000 researchers, scientists, industry representatives, media and others will convene to discover, share and network as the leading innovators in the stem cell community.
As a member of the [academic/research/translational etc.] community, I believe it is vital I attend the largest global stem cell-focused meeting because: [insert your bullets]
- ISSCR 2018 featured speakers include:
- Jennifer Doudna, PhD, University of California, Berkeley and HHMI, United States
- Patrick P.L. Tam, PhD, Children's Medical Research Institute, Australia
- Douglas A. Melton, PhD, Harvard University, United States
- Katherine High, MD, Spark Therapeutics, United States
- The following topics apply to my research and the work of our lab/organization [delete those that do not apply]:
- Recapitulating Development from Stem Cells
- Systems Biology of Heterogeneity
- New Technologies in Stem Cell Engineering
- Stem Cell Based Disease
- Cancer Stem Cells
- Moving to the Clinic: Gene and Stem Cell Therapies
- Cardiac Development and Disease
- Disease Modeling
- Epigenetics and Genetic Regulatory Networks
- Epithelial Stem Cells
- Homeostasis, Metabolism and Aging
- Mechanisms of Reprogramming I: To Pluripotency
- Mechanisms of Reprogramming II: Transdifferentiation Between Lineages
- Muscle Stem Cells
- Nervous System Disease
- Neural Development
- Organoids in Modeling Disease and Development
- Road to the Clinic
- Stem Cells and Cancer
- Stem Cells in Organ Development and Maintenance
- Stem Cell Niches
- Technology Frontiers
- Tissue Engineering
Traveling to Melbourne is more affordable than you might assume. I've attached a budget worksheet that outlines the anticipated costs. [If you cannot complete the budget worksheet, you can insert average costs from the ISSCR cost analysis: The average cost for flight and 5-night stay is $1,721 USD.] Of course, we will get the best prices by registering before the Early Bird deadline on 14 March, 2018; booking the hotel in the discounted block; and registering as an ISSCR member.
If you would like to discuss further, please let me know.