By submitting your application for complimentary media registration, you agree you will adhere to ISSCR’s embargo policy, onsite guidelines, and interview policies.
- Coverage of scientific data and results presented at the meeting, whether in plenary or concurrent sessions or in abstracts and poster presentations, is strictly prohibited until the start of each individual presentation. Coverage is defined to include all media channels: print, electronic (social media, blogs, posts), video, and audio.
- If a separate embargo is noted for a specific presentation(s), coverage is strictly prohibited until the date(s) and time(s) noted.
- Content that is pre-published online in advance of print publication remains subject to the ISSCR embargo policy unless the author(s) provide written consent to nullify the embargo.
- During press conferences or in the Press Interview Room, credentialed media may take photos, video and audio recordings, and use cellphones, but may not do so during the meeting, including on the poster and exhibit floor.
- Registered media are required to check in at the media registration desk upon arrival.
- While onsite, registered media should wear their ISSCR media badge at all times.
- All scientific sessions, educational sessions, oral and poster abstract sessions, and the exhibit and poster hall are open to the media.
- Still photography, video and/or audio taping of the sessions, presentations, or posters is strictly prohibited.
- At least one week in advance, journalists who want to request broadcasting or taping interviews of non-restricted material at the meeting may contact the ISSCR (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your request and necessary clearances.
- ISSCR reserves the right to engage professional photographers and/or audio/visual professionals to document the meeting for use in informational articles or future promotions of this organization’s activities.
- All onsite interviews must be coordinated through the ISSCR media office (email@example.com).
- Registered media are encouraged to request interviews with ISSCR leadership, speakers/presenters, and other participants at least one week in advance.
- Onsite interview space will be available.
- Anyone attending the annual meeting should be respectful of the research findings and data presented by recognizing that the information is not available to the public yet and thus cannot be shared. This pertains to all attendees, including exhibitors and the media.
- Promotion of products, organizations, or services, and distribution of study results are prohibited in the ISSCR Press Room. Distribution of news releases from nonprofit organizations, such as universities, may be permitted in the Press Room on a case-by-case basis. Releases must pertain to research presented at the meeting.
- For questions about media relating to coverage, credentialing and communications policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about scientific communication for presenters, please contact email@example.com.