Under Australia's universal visa system, all visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia. Exceptions include:
- New Zealand passport holders who are normally granted a Special Category visa on arrival, provided they meet health and character requirements; and
- Permanent residents of Norfolk Island who may be granted a Permanent Resident of Norfolk Island visa on arrival.
More information is available on this fact sheet.
There are many visa options available to people wishing to visit Australia, depending in part on the visitor's purpose for visiting Australia. Please be aware of visa processing times and plan accordingly.
You may refer to the Business Information Sheet for guidance on visa options most suitable for you.
Apply for their visa well in advance of your intended date of travel to Australia. Learn more.
NOTE: These are the visa options available presently but the Department reserves the right to change regulations. IECN assistance will NOT guarantee a visa grant. Visa applicants must demonstrate that they meet all the legislative requirements for an Australian visa.
ISSCR encourages attendees to familiarize themselves with Australia’s type of visas.
- Visas for people to come to Australia for tourism or business purposes
- Visas for people to come to Australia to participate in an event as an invited participant
- Visas for people to come to Australia to undertake short-term, highly specialised work
Official Letter of Invitation
ISSCR issues Official Letters of Invitation AFTER participants register and pay to attend the annual meeting only. Attendees receive a link to download a digital Letter of Invitation in their confirmation email.