For nearly two decades, the ISSCR has built a reputation for bringing together the brightest minds and best science to address one of the world’s most important goals: to improve the future of human health. At the heart of our success is a talented team, dedicated to the ISSCR mission.
Interested in joining our team? Please see our current openings below. For general inquiries about working with the ISSCR, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Industry Affairs and Development Manager
Reports To: COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) is the largest society in the world dedicated to the advancement of responsible stem cell research - a field that strives to advance scientific understanding, treatments, and cures that better human health. We foster junior scientists, give voice and visibility to scientific advancement, and encourage a positive global environment for future discovery and treatment.
The ISSCR accomplishes this charge, in part, by convening scientists around the globe at conferences, through digital programming, and with resources to educate and guide our field. The flagship Annual Meeting attracts nearly 4,000 attendees from 70+ countries.
The ISSCR seeks a motivated graduate or PhD-level scientist to develop and expand partnerships with companies in, and associated with, the relevant biotechnology space. The position requires advanced understanding of biology to be able to connect with company scientists and executives to identify and explore areas of alignment with the ISSCR. Duties also include assisting with the implementation of the ISSCR’s exhibitions, sponsorship, and advertising programs. This is an ideal position for a new PhD looking for a non-academic career.
This position will report to the COO, working closely with the scientific, marketing, communication, and events teams. This is a remote position.
Lead Generation and Sales
- Proactively identify and engage with US-based and international companies including, but not limited to, biotech companies, laboratory reagent, equipment, and technology companies, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Quickly comprehend and contribute to the portfolio of ISSCR offerings and products.
- Drive increased sales volume in advertising, sponsorship and exhibits across multiple platforms, both digital and physical.
- Collaborate with the ISSCR marketing and communications department to develop and execute marketing, advertising, and promotional plans and materials.
- Perform additional functions including searching for new leads, maintaining customer accounts, and developing proposals.
- Maintain an understanding of the ISSCR’s operating parameters to ensure alignment of exhibitor expectations and outcomes
- Assist with the development of exhibit schedules to ensure seamless execution of all related meeting elements
- Assist with the communication and development of the exhibitor service manual, and support related exhibitor and sponsor activities
- Orchestrate communications on exhibition and sponsorship programs in a variety of formats including print, web, and email
Administration and Reporting
- Mange and report on sales pipeline and results
- Assist in the development and regular reporting of exhibition and sponsorship program performance
- Coordinate the processing of exhibit and sponsor contracts and invoices
- Stem/Cell biology, biotech, or scientific society
- International sales and marketing
- Exhibit and exhibit hall operations
Skills and Qualifications
- PhDs in the biological sciences are preferred but applications will be reviewed for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree candidates with relevant experience3-5 years of relevant professional experience; sales experience preferred.
- Articulate, polished, and intellectually curious
- Comfortable interacting with CEOs, CSOs, and CMOs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present information accurately and appropriately to various audience
- Strong organizational skills and analytical ability, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Database/pipeline management (iMIS familiarity a plus)
- Ability to work as part of team or independently; a self-initiator, versatile and motivated
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service, responsiveness, and problem-solving abilities
- Availability for minimal domestic and international travel
- Health, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Salary commensurate with experience.
The ISSCR is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment practices. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or Veteran status. The ISSCR is a drug-free workplace.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Keith Alm, COO, email@example.com.
Job Title: Senior Manager or Associate Director of Policy
Reports To: Director of Policy
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote/Washington, D.C.
The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) is seeking a Senior Manager or Associate Director of Policy to join the ISSCR’s policy and regulatory team. The ISSCR engages in policy debates concerning stem cell research and regenerative medicine at the federal and international levels.
This individual will join the ISSCR team at a time of tremendous interest in regenerative medicine and stem cell research. The position offers the opportunity to work with the world’s leaders in stem cell research to increase the ISSCR’s influence in regulatory and governmental decision-making environments around the world. The ISSCR’s policy program aims to impact standards, policy and regulation pertaining to stem cell research, driving international collaboration and accelerating responsible scientific and medical discovery.
The Senior Manager or Associate Director of Policy will help craft the ISSCR policy strategies to advocate for and support the development of:
• Scientifically informed policy pertaining to stem cell research and application.
• Regulatory frameworks that allow for innovation while retaining critical oversight and review practices.
• Policies that promote rigorous and ethical scientific and medical behavior, and reinforce the trustworthiness of scientists, clinicians, and the scientific and medical enterprise.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the ISSCR Director of Policy to develop infrastructure to monitor and comment on emerging policy issues (scientific and ethical-legal-social), as well as possible public concerns regarding stem cell research technologies.
• Identify and develop strategic alliances with advocacy organizations to address multi-stakeholder issues.
• Track key political and regulatory groups as they seek public comment or other input into the development of their regulations or policies.
• Craft statements, factsheets, and comment letters for policymakers, regulators, and other decision-makers in support of ISSCR advocacy initiatives.
• Build relationships with Members of Congress, their staff, and administration officials to advance the ISSCR’s policy priorities.
• Assist in identifying communications and media strategies to effectively present and strengthen the ISSCR’s policy initiatives and positions.
• Five-to-eight years of experience in government affairs, with a preference for those who have worked in a congressional office or as an advocate with a health or science-related organization. congressional office or advocacy or lobbying efforts with policy and decision-makers.
• Exceptional written, communication, and verbal presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills; ability to handle multiple projects under time and resource pressure.
• Existing relationships and the ability to build a network of relationships with Congress and relevant federal agencies.
• Thoughtful, energetic individual with the ability to communicate about science and science policy to policymakers.
• Knowledge of the scientific research enterprise; familiarity with the process of developing new medical treatments beneficial.
• B.A./B.S. required.
The ISSCR is an international non-profit scientific organization established to promote excellence in stem cell science and applications to human health. The ISSCR brings together researchers engaged across a wide spectrum of stem cell research from discovery to clinical application. The ISSCR supports responsible research using all forms of stem cells, including pluripotent stem cells and stem cells from and within organs and tissues. Through its Policy and Advocacy program, the ISSCR advocates on behalf of the stem cell research community around the world, giving researchers a voice in crucial policy and regulatory debates.
We offer competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience and generous benefits package, including healthcare, 401k match, life insurance, PTO, and paid parental leave. We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Eric Anthony, Director of Policy, firstname.lastname@example.org.