Jobs with the ISSCR
For nearly two decades, the ISSCR has built a reputation for bringing together the brightest minds and best science to address one of the world’s most important goals: to improve the future of human health. At the heart of our success is a talented team, dedicated to the ISSCR mission.
Interested in joining our team? Please see our current openings below. For general inquiries about working with the ISSCR, please contact us at email@example.com.
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Flexible with remote working options, Chicago or DC preferred
The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) is the largest society in the world dedicated to the advancement of responsible stem cell research — a field that strives to advance scientific understanding, treatments, and cures that better human health. We foster junior scientists, give voice and visibility to scientific advancement, and encourage a positive global environment for future discovery and treatment.
The ISSCR accomplishes this charge, in part, by convening scientists from around the globe at conferences, through digital programming, and with resources to educate and guide our field. The flagship Annual Meeting attracts 4,000 attendees from 70+ countries.
The ISSCR is looking for a full-time Marketing Specialist to support the initiatives of the marketing and communication team. The position reports to the Marketing Manager and will work closely with the scientific, events, and sales teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, edit, and maintain website pages.
- Enhance website content, organization, user experience, and presentation of ISSCR events and programs central to membership.
- Assist with developing and organizing digital assets for website
- Develop and implement plans to improve SEO, analytics, and implement Google Tag Manager.
- Work with Marketing Manager and other staff members to create and produce marketing emails related to society activities and programs including ISSCR events and membership.
- Work with the Marketing Manager coordinate and implement digital marketing, advertising, and communications campaigns for society events, programs, and initiatives.
- Assist with the development of marketing collateral such as PowerPoint presentations, flyers, etc.
- Track the performance of various marketing and advertising activities and offer analysis of membership and meeting attendee trends.
- Contribute to membership onboarding and retention marketing initiatives.
- Work with internal staff to help coordinate the ISSCR’s monthly digital newsletter, ISSCR News, and event-specific newsletters, including collecting, revising, and creating content, production, proofreading, and coordinating review.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related marketing or communications field.
- 1-2+ years of experience in marketing and communications.
- Experience with content management systems such as Sitefinity and WordPress; HTML proficiency preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and implementing effective digital marketing communications.
- Must have the initiative to prioritize, manage, and coordinate multiple assignments with tight timelines.
- Knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other forms of social media, including Facebook Insights, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms such as Informz.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Must have strong written and oral communication, proofreading and editing skills, attention to detail, and excellent organization and project management skills.
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team.
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Salary commensurate with experience
The ISSCR is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment practices. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or Veteran status. The ISSCR is a drug-free workplace.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Bethany Almon at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Specialist.” Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Reports To: Director, Media and Strategic Communication
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Flexible with remote working options
The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) is the largest society in the world dedicated to responsible stem cell research and regenerative medicine, striving to advance scientific understanding, treatments, and cures that improve human health. We foster early career scientists, give voice and visibility to scientific achievement, and encourage a positive, global environment for future discovery and treatment.
The ISSCR accomplishes this charge, in part, by convening scientists from around the world at conferences, through digital programming, and with resources to educate and guide our scientific field. The flagship Annual Meeting attracts 4,000 attendees from 70+ countries.
We are looking for a creative, motivated, and highly organized stem cell scientist to be our Science Communications and Education Manager. This individual will play a key role in translating and communicating advances in stem cell research and its potential to impact medicine, building excitement in the field and awareness of the value of ISSCR for members, the public, and policymakers. The Science Communications and Education Manager will apply his/her scientific training and communication skills to identify and frame stories, themes, and stem cell-related issues using different approaches and tailored for a variety of channels.
The Science Communications and Education Manager will generate content relating to issues in public education, policy, and professional development, develop science-focused articles, produce website content, manage an editorial calendar for the ISSCR’s public-focused website, and coordinate and conduct interviews with scientists and field experts. He/she will also contribute to special projects including scientific taskforces, stem cell education programs, and scientific meeting program development.
Reporting to the Director, Media and Strategic Communications, the individual in this position will work with the scientific, marketing, meetings, and membership staff to ensure effective integration of ISSCR messaging and alignment of communications outreach with the ISSCR’s strategic and operational goals.
ISSCR is based in Skokie, IL (a Chicago suburb), but the position may be conducted from another location, depending on individual considerations. Some international travel may be required.
Develops, writes, edits, and manages stem cell science-focused articles and resources to inform the public, policymakers, and professionals about advances in stem cell research and regenerative medicine
- Defines the editorial direction and dissemination strategy for A Closer Look at Stem Cells (our public/patient-focused website) including development of educational content and blog posts focusing on stem cells, their use in treating/understanding disease, and their clinical applications.
- Contribute to strategy for identifying and securing partnership support of ISSCR’s public education initiatives.
- Develops, edits, and advises on a range of messaging as well as communications, marketing, website, and social media content and tactics to support scientific meetings and ISSCR programs.
- Contributes to science-focused materials for the media, including news releases, statements, advisories, and notices to be used in conjunction with ISSCR scientific meetings and for other ISSCR programs and initiatives
- Other duties as needed or assigned
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- PhD in a scientific field with relevance and experience in stem cell research required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects under time constraints and resource pressure
- Knowledge of website content management systems is a plus, with experience and ability to work with images and video
- Experience with outreach to scientific, professional, and public audiences; work experience in the nonprofit science sector an advantage
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional scientific journals, and scientific studies and reports
- Ability to interact effectively with society members, staff, leadership, and stakeholders
- Self-directed, adaptable, and proactive
- Understands mission and goals of the organization and initiatives
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
- Sensitive to international issues related to science, and inclusive of perspectives of scientists in countries outside the U.S.
- Commitment to improving equity, diversity, and inclusion in stem cell science
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Kym Kilbourne, Director, Media and Strategic Communications at email@example.com with the subject line "Science Communications and Education Manager.” Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.