For nearly two decades, the ISSCR has built a reputation for bringing together the brightest minds and best science to address one of the world’s most important goals: to improve the future of human health. At the heart of our success is a talented team, dedicated to the ISSCR mission.
Interested in joining our team? Please see our current openings below. For general inquiries about working with the ISSCR, please contact us at email@example.com.
The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) is the largest society in the world dedicated to the advancement of responsible stem cell research - a field that strives to advance scientific understanding, treatments, and cures that better human health. We foster junior scientists, give voice and visibility to scientific advancement, and encourage a positive global environment for future discovery and treatment.
The ISSCR accomplishes this charge, in part, by convening scientists around the globe at conferences, through digital programming, and with resources to educate and guide our field. The flagship Annual Meeting attracts nearly 4,000 attendees from 70+ countries.
The ISSCR seeks a motivated builder to expand industry partnerships and strengthen the society’s positioning as a lead-generation and content marketing resource. The position is responsible for identifying and prospecting new partnerships and assisting with the implementation of the ISSCR’s exhibitions, sponsorship, and advertising programs.
This position will report to the COO, working closely with the scientific, marcomm, and events teams. This is a remote position.
- Health, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Lead Generation and Sales
- Quickly comprehend and contribute to the portfolio of ISSCR offerings and products.
- Drive increased sales volume in advertising, sponsorship and exhibits across multiple platforms, both digital and physical.
- Proactively engage with potential US-based and international exhibitors and sponsors including, but not limited to, biotech companies, laboratory reagent, equipment, and technology companies, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Collaborate with the ISSCR marketing and communications department to develop and execute marketing, advertising, and promotional plans and materials.
- Perform additional functions including searching for new leads, maintaining customer accounts, and developing proposals.
- Maintain an understanding of the ISSCR’s operating parameters to ensure alignment of exhibitor expectations and outcomes
- Assist with the development of exhibit schedules to ensure seamless execution of all related meeting elements
- Assist with the communication and development of the exhibitor service manual, and support related exhibitor and sponsor activities
- Orchestrate communications on exhibition and sponsorship programs in a variety of formats including print, web, and email
Administration and Reporting
- Mange and report on sales pipeline and results
- Assist in the development and regular reporting of exhibition and sponsorship program performance
- Coordinate the processing of exhibit and sponsor contracts and invoices
- Cell biology, biotech, or scientific society
- International sales and marketing
- Exhibit and exhibit hall operations
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience with a minimum of 2 years in a comparable sales position
- Articulate, polished, and intellectually curious
- Comfortable interacting with CEOs, CSOs, and CMOs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present information accurately and appropriately to various audiences
- Strong organizational skills and analytical ability, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Database/pipeline management (iMIS familiarity a plus)
- Ability to work as part of team or independently; a self-initiator, versatile and motivated
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service, responsiveness, and problem-solving abilities
- Availability for minimal domestic and international travel
The ISSCR is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment practices. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or Veteran status. The ISSCR is a drug-free workplace.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Keith Alm, COO, firstname.lastname@example.org.