Lawrence Goldstein, PhD
Lawrence Goldstein Science Policy Fellowship Program
Established in 2019, this fellowship program honors ISSCR member Lawrence Goldstein, PhD, for his longstanding commitment to policy and public service. Dr. Goldstein's advocacy before local, state, and national policy makers continues to make a significant impact on the field, and the fellowship is meant to continue that legacy by training ISSCR members to become policy advocates.
The Lawrence Goldstein Science Policy Fellows will gain firsthand policy and regulatory experience by serving as ex-officio members of the Public Policy Committee for three years.
As ex-officio members of the Public Policy Committee, Science Policy Fellows will:
* Attend the ISSCR’s Advocacy day in Washington DC or similar advocacy events in other regions of the world. Reasonable travel expenses for advocacy events will be provided by the ISSCR;
* Attend the Public Policy Committee bimonthly calls and meetings in conjunction with ISSCR annual meetings. Fellows may be assigned tasks by the committee;
* Write one op-ed, blog post, or perspective each year on a policy, regulatory, or ethics issue;
* Participate in quarterly calls with a policy mentor from the Public Policy Committee;
If fellows submit and have an abstract selected regarding a policy, regulatory, or ethics issue, the ISSCR will provide a travel award for fellows to attend the ISSCR Annual Meeting.
Who is eligible to apply?* ISSCR members who are early-career principal investigators and group leaders;
* Applicants must submit their current CV and a 500-word statement explaining their interest and science policy priorities, what knowledge they seek to gain, and any experience with science policy and advocacy.
How are participants selected?
The Public Policy Committee will review fellowship applications and recommend three fellows per year, each to serve a three-year term. The recommendation will go to the Executive Committee for final selection.
Questions about the Fellowship? You may email Eric Anthony, ISSCR Policy Director at email@example.com.