- When does my ISSCR membership expire?
The ISSCR membership year runs annually from January 1 to December 31. All dues expire December 31 of the year in which you paid your membership dues. The ISSCR does not have prorated or partial year memberships.
- When is my ISSCR membership active?
Your membership will become active after payment has been processed and all endorsements or certifications have been verified. Please note that payments by check and wire transfer may delay membership activation.
- Does my ISSCR membership need to be certified by a director or advisor?
Trainee members (students and postdocs) must be certified by a training director or advisor. During the application process, an email is generated and sent to the training director or advisor you identify. That person must verify your status as a student or fellow. If you are not verified within 30 days, your application may be voided. Please contact us at +1 224-592-5700 or email@example.com if you are experiencing issues with verification.
Exceptions: If you have been a member within the last 4 years, certifications are waived. However, you must be certified on an annual basis after 4 years as a student or fellow.
- My training director certification request expired. Now what?
After you submit your Trainee member application, we send an initial request and periodic reminders on your behalf to your director of advisor. It is your responsibility to ensure your training director or advisor receives and certifies your application. Please contact us at +1 224-592-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discover why your certification request expired.
Tip: Please verify that the automated email to your training director was not caught by a junk mail or spam filter.
- Does my ISSCR membership need to be endorsed by another member?
Members and affiliate members must be endorsed by a current ISSCR member or the membership committee. During application, an email is generated and sent to the member you identify for endorsement or the membership committee should you not identify a current ISSCR member for endorsement. That person will receive an email asking for your endorsement. If you are not endorsed within 30 days, your application may be voided. Please contact us at +1 224-592-5700 or email@example.com if you are experiencing issues with endorsement.
Exceptions: If you have been a member within the last 5 years, endorsements are waived.
- My endorsement request expired. Now what?
It is your responsibility to ensure a fellow member endorses your application, though we will send periodic reminders on your behalf. Please allow 7-10 business days for membership committee review. Please contact us at +1 224-592-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are experiencing issues with endorsement.
Tip: Please verify that the automated email to your fellow member was not caught by a junk mail or spam filter.
- Do I need to upload a copy of my CV?
Member and affiliate members must upload a copy of their CV during the application process.
Exceptions: If you have been a member within the last 5 years, the CV requirement is waived.
- Why do I need to answer questions about myself and my work?
We ask our members for information that will help us know more about who we are as a community, what our interests are, and where we are from. This helps us build better programs and better serve our members. It also helps us demonstrate trends in our field that can be useful for determining our collective strengths and weaknesses. Some questions we ask about you are optional, though we encourage you to answer them so we can better serve your interests.
- Why was I assigned that membership category?
Based on your answers during application, you will be assigned a member category. If you feel the category you were assigned is incorrect, please contact us at +1 224-592-5700 or email@example.com
- I chose the wrong method of payment. How do I change it?
If you chose to pay by check or wire transfer during checkout, but now wish to pay with a credit card, you may enter the application again and pay by credit card. If a charge for a wire transfer fee remains on your bill, please contact us at +1 224-592-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have it removed or refunded.
- What if I can’t afford ISSCR membership?
The International and Membership Committees consider the full cost of ISSCR membership prohibitive for some countries. Members whose sole laboratory is in one of the following countries are eligible to receive reduced dues.
Countries Eligible for Reduced Dues
- Do I need to be a member to attend the ISSCR Annual Meeting?
No, you do not need to be a member to attend. However, members receive discounts on registration, special networking opportunities at the event, and have access to the full range of ISSCR services year-round.
- How can I change my registrant type to member?
If you already started the registration process for the Annual Meeting as a nonmember but wish to become an ISSCR member before completing registration, please complete the ISSCR membership application and forward your email confirmation to email@example.com with a request to complete registration at the member rate. We will adjust your registration and email you with further instructions.
- What comes with my registration?
When you register for the full Annual Meeting you receive:
- Access to cutting-edge research and all educational sessions
- Opportunities to present your own research or learn about the newest research of your peers during poster presentations to scientists, clinicians, and industry professionals
- Admission to the exhibit hall, where you can meet with industry representatives to talk about their latest technologies and products to aid in your research.
- Networking opportunities and registration to social events where you can develop relationships with peers and mentors
- Meeting materials including the final program and proceedings
- ISSCR14 mobile app and electronic copy of searchable abstracts, poster locations, and event alerts
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments during evening receptions
- Entry to win a Panoramic Classic Seaplane Tour (early registrants only)
- Entree to pre-meeting Focus sessions and Industry Workshops
*One-day registration includes admission to all educational sessions, exhibits, poster sessions and social events scheduled for the day purchased. You may register at this rate for one day only.
- How do I log back in to update my Annual Meeting registration?
You may update your name badge, add optional networking events, or add a hotel stay to your registration. To log in, click here. You can access your record using the same email address and password as when you registered.
- Can I book a hotel room or change my reservation after I register?
Yes, you may log back in to update or book housing even after you have registered for the meeting. Be sure to book your room before May 27 to secure ISSCR discount rates. Hotel selection is subject to change based on availability.
- How do I update my badge name or company?
To use a nickname or other variation of your name or company, simply log in to your registration record and update the Badge First Name and/or Badge Company fields within your name badge.
- When will registration for the Junior Investigator events open?
In mid-April you be able to sign up for complimentary Junior Investigator events. If you have already registered for the Annual Meeting, you will be notified by email to log back into your profile, and add these complimentary events to your account.
Complimentary Junior Investigator Events
Meet the Experts Luncheons (Trainee Members Only)
Early Career PI Luncheon (Trainee Members Only)
JI Career Panel Luncheon
JI Social Evening
- Does ISSCR offer Travel Awards and what are the requirements?
Please click here for travel award information.
- How do I cancel my registration?
Please submit notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 9, 2014.
ISSCR will charge a $150 USD cancellation fee for written cancellations submitted by May 9, 2014. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after May 10, 2014.
- What are the visa requirements for Canada?
Please visit our visa information page for details on visa requirements for foreign persons visiting Canada. If applicable, we recommend you complete visa application at least 3 months in advance of your travel dates.