AWARD NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSEDThank you for your participation. Announcements will be made in January. For more information, email Glori Rosenson.
Mitinori for awards web
The ISSCR 2020 Momentum Award winner is Mitinori Saitou, MD, Ph.D, Kyoto University, Japan. Dr. Saitou has focused his career on understanding mammalian germ cell development in vitro. His laboratory was the first to succeed in reconstituting the mouse germ-cell specification pathway in culture and to generate functional male and female gametes from pluripotent stem cells. He has since expanded on these groundbreaking achievements by improving germ-cell technology, dissecting the molecular mechanisms, and providing fundamental insights on human germ cell development and reproduction.
- Nominees must be independent investigators conducting original research in basic science or clinical development and translation in the field of stem cell research.
- Nominee(s) will ordinarily be 10-25 years out from the start of their first full -time independent position in an academic, industrial or clinical research setting.
- Nominations that reflect the full diversity of the membership of ISSCR are strongly encouraged.
- Nominees must be ISSCR members in good standing.
- Nominees must be nominated by two (or more) ISSCR members in good standing.
- Nominees must be available to attend the ISSCR Annual Meeting if selected as the award recipient.
Nominations must be sponsored by two or more people. Nomination letters may be submitted individually or as a single, co-signed letter. Nomination letter(s) (up to two pages) should provide the following:
a statement of up to 100 words highlighting the body of work for which the nominee is being nominated
an overview of the contributions of the nominee to the field of stem cell research.
A copy of the nominee’s CV and listing of up to five of their most relevant publications must also accompany the nomination letter. Include an electronic version of these publications where possible.